New Strategies and ‘Superhero’ Solutions on Display at Mobile World Congress and Discussed in an Upcoming Book from Comptel
HELSINKI, Finland—26 February 2015—Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) has unveiled Operation Nexterday, a new framework to help digital and communications service providers to transform their businesses and thrive in the post-digital era. It will also be the focus of a book released 2 March at Mobile World Congress.
‘Generation Cloud’– who are maturing as buyers in today’s highly connected and digitally operated world – shop on their own terms on a wider range of devices, and make their purchasing decisions in real time. As a result, sales opportunities can be won or lost in a moment’s notice, creating a major power shift from digital and communications service providers to B2C and B2B customers.
According to a January 2015 survey conducted by Comptel, 65 percent of consumers prefer to purchase digital content and services when and how it is convenient for them, and 65 percent also said their social circles are a major influence over their service buying decisions. Further, 60 percent confirmed that tailored recommendations from operators impact their purchases. The Generation Cloud buyer clearly values personalisation over the traditional marketing and sales tactics.
“Customers today are independent and they value options – they don’t need an operator to tell them what to do,” said Ari Vänttinen, Chief Marketing Officer, Comptel. “However, they do need digital and communications service providers to give them relevant options and real-time recommendations, so they are empowered and can dictate their own buying experience. The new role ofoperators is to deliver on this before customers even have a chance to ask for them – which means transforming their business models to operate in Nexterday – the day after tomorrow.”
Operation Nexterday, therefore, enables digital and communications service providers to rewrite their sales and marketing, technology and service playbooks in this new era. The framework includes strategies and solutions to eliminate complexity and friction from their business, allowing digital and communications service providers to:
1) Optimise the digital buying experience – Create convenient, contextual and connected buying experiences for Generation Cloud.
2) Monetise more with less time – Optimise the buying experience and differentiate from competitors by leveraging sophisticated data monetising, policy and charging solutions, supported hand-in-hand by real-time business reporting.
3) Orchestrate everything from the ground to the cloud – Tear down legacy infrastructure and embracing network function virtualisation (NFV) for greater agility, scalability, flexibility and the ability to create new services.
4) Embrace intelligent fast data – Capture, refine and analyse historical and real-time data, draw insights instantly, and make decisions and take actions automatically.
Comptel is answering these challenges with a new set of ‘superhero’ solutions, with unique roles and functions to prepare businesses for Generation Cloud’s demands:
- Data Refinery – A power facility for intelligent fast data. Captures data-in-motion to provide awareness around each customer context, and uses embedded analytics to refine it into automated, in-the-moment business actions.
- Data Fastermind – An artificial brain which embeds pervasive intelligence, predictive analytics and machine learning to produce accurate business logic based on customer patterns. The result is highly targeted business actions.
- Monetizer – An agile business policy and charging tool for monetising more data when there is less time to do so. Allows digital and communications service providers to innovate and design rich service offers at the speed of business.
- FlowOne – The ultimate fulfillment suite and ecosystem. Masters and automates the orchestration of service and business flows from ground to cloud, leveraging software defined networking (SDN) and NFV to improve product definition and deployment agility, and eliminate order fallout.
- FWD! Digital Sales Channel – A simple and proactive way to sell, market and monetise mobile data, and capture new customer segments.
- Meet Comptel and demo its superhero solutions at GSMA’s Mobile World Congress, taking place 2-5 March 2015 in Barcelona Spain, at stand #5G40.
- Attend the Operation Nexterday launch party on Monday, 2 March at 5.p.m. CET at stand #5G40.
- To arrange a meeting at the show or receive a copy of the book if you are not attending Mobile World Congress, please contact Comptel at email@example.com.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
About Comptel Corporation
Life is about digital moments. Comptel perfects these by transforming how you serve, meet and respond to the needs of “Generation Cloud” customers.
Our solutions allow you to innovate rich communications services instantly, master the orchestration of service and order flows, capture data-in-motion and refine your decision-making. We apply intelligence to reduce friction in your business.
Comptel has enabled the delivery of digital and communications services to more than 1 billion people. Every day, we care for more than 20% of all mobile usage data. Nearly 300 service providers across 90 countries have trusted us to perfect customers’ digital moments.
For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
Chief Marketing Officer
+358 9 7001131
Beth Brenner / Doug Flora
+1 617 960 9875