Nokia intends to acquire Comptel, a listed Finnish company providing software and services for digital and communications service providers. The planned acquisition is an important step in executing Nokia’s strategy to build a standalone software business. Comptel will join Nokia’s Application and Analytics business group, expanding and strengthening its software portfolio and go-to-market capabilities with additional sales capacity and a strategic partner network.
- Within the planned share deal, Comptel would remain as a separate legal entity.
- This is a recommended and voluntary tender offer for all the shares and option rights in Comptel.
- The price offered will be 3.04 EUR in cash. 3 EUR + proposed dividend 0.04 EUR.
The total value of the offer is 347 MEUR.
- The period of offer acceptance is expected to start February 27 and expire 24 March 2017.
The tender offer is subject to, among others, approvals by the relevant regulatory authorities, such as competition authorities, and the offeror gaining control of more than 90% of the outstanding Comptel shares. The acquisition is targeted to close during Q2/2017.
Customer & partner rationale
- Broader set of capabilities, more synergies and efficiencies.
- Access to the most innovative and modernized software portfolio and wider expertise while digitizing their business.
- A global scale alternative for tier-1 customers and their major transformations.
- The planned deal would give Comptel an expanded customer base, complementary product portfolio and truly global scale.
- Faster access to the US market.
- Required resources to keep the momentum, execute and continue on the ambitious growth path.
- Joint offering would give access to purchasing power from CTO to CIO and CMO offices
- The companies’ technologies are mainly complementary
- Integration and innovation value by merging technologies, platforms and ecosystems
- The Board of Directors of Comptel has unanimously decided to recommend the shareholders to accept the tender offer.
- Price is reflecting the future strategic value of the company
- Nokia’s global reach, strength of brand and cross-selling opportunities will benefit the activities of Comptel
- A wider and more innovative software portfolio improves competitiveness especially in the eyes of larger customers
Click here for the official stock exchange release.